The Presque Isle County Historical Museum Board of Directors and Trustees
Alex Czarnecki, Curator
Karen Quade, President
VACANT, Vice President
Michael Hughes, Treasurer
Leeny Ries, Volunteer Coordinator
Laurie Maynard, Recording Secretary
David and Marsha Grulke
The History of the Presque Isle County Historical Museum
A small group forms the first Presque Isle County Historical Society and operates for 2 years before becoming dormant.
ALSO THAT YEAR…the Rogers City High School Marching Band plays for the grand opening of the Mackinac Bridge.
The Presque Isle Historical Society forms again, electing new officers and starting monthly meetings.
ALSO THAT YEAR…the Presque Isle County Savings Bank building is demolished.
Jean Veselenak researches the acquisition of a house to be used as a museum. The house, previously owned by Emma Schmekel, was located at Erie and 2nd Street.
ALSO THAT YEAR…Rogers City celebrates its centennial anniversary with an event that encouraged its attendees to sport the fashions of 1871.
A charter and plans are assembled by Joan Grant and Margaret Foley to purchase that house at Ernie and 2nd Street for $9,000.
ALSO THAT YEAR…the Rogers City High School holds their annual prom, and everyone had a great time.
The Presque Isle County Historical Museum opens at the corner of 2nd Street and Erie Street in Rogers City.
ALSO THAT YEAR…Rogers City High School throws a very well attended and very fun Sadie Hawkins dance.
The US Steel Board of Directors gives the property known as “The Bradley House” to the Presque Isle County Historical Society.
ALSO THAT YEAR…The Dearhunt softball team reigns victorious, winning their championship.
The Presque Isle County Historical Museum opens in its current location at Fourth Street and Michigan Avenue, with Mary Ann Morley as its first curator.